Work with us
There are jobs- and there are careers. The chance to do the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful. The opportunity to challenge yourself, think out of the box and learn new skills. The prospect of being surrounded by smart people, day-in and day-out. That’s the kind of work you expect to do at our place. Sounds appealing ? Come join us.
Intrigued candidates may send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultant (Low-carbon Buildings & Building Materials)
- Engineer with a background in mechanical / energy / thermal / chemical / environmental/civil engineering
- Master’s degree in Mechanical/ Energy/ Thermal / Chemical/ Environmental/Civil Engineering
Skills and experience required:
- A keen interest in understanding and educating yourself on the life cycle analysis approach, especially in production of building materials and buildings.
- 2 years of industrial or research experience in energy, carbon, environment, life cycle analysis. Experience related with building material production (e.g., cement, steel, aluminium, glass, bricks, ceramics, etc) or building sector will be an additional advantage.
- A sound understanding of the fundamentals of industrial production processes.
- Basic knowledge of carbon calculations, LCA and some of the available tools for the same (e.g., OneClickLCA, LCAQuick + CO₂NSTRUCT, GaBi etc.) and energy audits. Basic knowledge of air pollution measurements and environment performance monitoring is desirable.
- The aptitude and enthusiasm for field studies and work with industry stakeholders.
- Skills in computer programming and data analysis software is desirable
The selected candidate may be placed in New Delhi or Bengaluru depending on the project requirements
What you’ll do:
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working on low-carbon and sustainable built environment.
Building Material Production:
- Study and develop a repository of knowledge on the production process (material flows, energy consumption, carbon emissions, environment impacts) of materials used for building construction
- Assisting in conducting performance measurements (e.g. energy audits, emission measurements) of industrial units involved in the manufacturing of building materials
- Liaise and build relationship with the building material industry to get a better understanding of the production process and performance data needed for embodied carbon calculations & life cycle analysis
- Work with the government and the building materials industry on policy and capacity building initiatives for implementing measures to improve the environment performance of building material industries.
Embodied Energy, Embodied Carbon & Life Cycle Assessment
- Develop the organisation’s knowledge on life cycle analysis methods and applicability for current building material industry and buildings
- Carry out embodied energy and embodied carbon assessment for building materials and buildings
You’ll be encouraged and expected to do the above independently, while maintaining transparency and inclusivity among the people you work with.
What you get at GKSPL:
- Competitive and fair remuneration
- Health and term coverage, and other benefits
- Good annual leave entitlement
- Possibility of flexible mode of working
- Collaborative and growth-oriented work environment
- Opportunity to interact and work with national and international experts
- Cover letter telling us a little about yourself (beyond what’s in your CV) and explaining why you think you’ll be great and relevant for this role. Super scribe your cover letter “Consultant (Low-Carbon Buildings & Building Materials)”. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered for evaluation
- Your latest CV
- A compilation of relevant projects (no longer than 20 pages)
Please send the above to email@example.com. Please put the position title, i.e., Consultant (Low-Carbon Buildings & Building Materials)” in the email subject line. Last date of submission is 9th December 2022.
We’ll have 2 stages of shortlisting.
- 1st stage shortlisted candidates will be interviewed remotely
- 2nd stage shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in-person